How To Select Bearing Type
In bearing selection you need to consider the following ones and reply the questions respectively :
For the Shaft Size
- What is the shaft size at each bearing location?
- Is the bearing on a stepped shaft?
For the Speed
- What is the shaft speed at the bearing location?
- If belt driven, what is the motor speed and the sheave diameters?
- If direct drive through a reducer, what is the motor speed and the reduction ratio?
For the Loads
- What is the radial load that the bearing will be required to support?
- What is the axial load that the fixed bearing will be required to support?
For the Environment
- Are the bearings in a wet environment?
- What is the shaft temperature at the bearings?
- What is the ambient temperature around the bearings?
- Are the bearings in any contamination? If so, like what?
Current Bearing Life
- How long do the existing bearings function?
- What bearing life would make you satisfied?