When it is time to decide about your bearing size, the first thing to be considered is the basis of its loading ratings which are related to applied loads and required bearing service life and reliability. Without any variable, static and dynamic load conditions have be checked independently during this decision.
This selection process is generally realized by following up several steps and repeated if needed, by taking into account :
- the load ratio involved with the normal minimum values for that ratio;
- the forces affecting the bearing and the maximum permitted load of the bearing proposed;
- the maximum surface pressure and the surface pressure on the proposed bearings;
- the maximum glide speed and the glide speed involved of the bearing proposed;
- the specific performance of the bearing involved with the published catalogue limits.